View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
KE_1508
Base Member

Drives: 08 Nismo 350Z # 1508
KE_1508 is on a distinguished road

Used:

As far as buying a used one, I would look at the car history/maintenance record. Also, take a look underneath and make sure the body pieces are intact and not scraped to hell. That will tell you if the previous owner(s) cared for the car. Tbh though, when I pull the trigger on a 14, I will try and buy from a member on this site. The reason being is they would know exactly what was done on the car modwise/maintenance wise.

Everyday Driving:

As far as everyday driving, it's definitely not the most versatile daily driver. I still LOVE driving it everyday despite the mileage. You develop a better understanding of the car and how it handles driving it. Although, you might want to take a break once in awhile so that "feeling" doesn't become dull. Overall, you'll be pretty satisfied with the car. Add a few bolt ons/tune and you'll be very happy, but unfortunately not for long. lol

Blindspot:

The "blindspot" isn't as bad if you have your mirrors adjusted properly. I actually think the 370s are more tolerable compared to the 350 in that department.

Trunkspace:

Definitely can attest to the trunk space. Atleast you 370 owners don't have that rear strut tower brace inside the hatch. We also had a "harsh" ride with the shipping spacers on the 350 Nismos. Once I took those out, the ride height dropped a few inches and the ride was more "plush and strokeful". Basically, the spacers made it feel like the whole suspension was set on full stiff with a quick rebound setting.

Clutch:

As for the clutch, I never was a fan of the 370s clutch. It was a bit too soft for my liking. This is all subjective. If you drive the car enough, you won't even notice it.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by KE_1508; 08-02-2017 at 07:02 PM.
KE_1508 is offline   Reply With Quote