View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #328 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
Those look pretty sweet. Looking forward to more pics of the install. Where'd you pick them up and how much did they run you?
Thanks!

So far, I've ordered everything from Crutchfield. These run $40, and after just installing them and making tweaks to the system... MAJOR IMPROVEMENT! And they'll only get better with a little break-in and more tweaking. I actually plan on running the calibration mic this weekend and running the auto time alignment and auto tune, though I'm going to document my current "tuned by ear" settings, because it already sounds pretty darn good.

I have these crossed over at 1.25 kHz at 12 dB (was at 8 kHz with the stockers - yuck). I now have the door speakers crossed over at 1.25 kHz at 24 dB on the top end and still 40 Hz at 24 dB on the bottom end. I ran the system for a solid hour with all of the tweaking and listening.

As for fitment, they fit perfectly though the mounting holes don't line up perfectly. Once you get one screw in, the other is slightly past, so you can't put that screw in. I'll do one of two things this weekend. Either leave them as is and put the two other screws in on the sides with small fender washers, OR I'll try seeing if the included panel clips and screws that came with the speakers works better with proper alignment.

Now a few pics...