View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
cooltoy
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

The install is similar to any other wing.

You will probably have to drill access hole on the under side of the hatch in order to tighten the bolts.

Since you are unlikely to get a template from EVO-R, use the heads of plastic ties to mark the holes you will need to drill on top of the hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
Finally got mine installed this past Saturday.

Installation was easy. Lining it up to ensure it was all symetrical before marking it took the most time.

After removing the trunk lid liner, the exterior of the trunk lid was taped off with blue painters tape and the holes were located.

The spoiler had 6 screws but about 9 holes. I took a stud finder magnet to determine which of the holes had a metal plate in them to accept the screws. I caulked up the other holes that would not be used

The spoiler comes with some flimsy mounting locating strips, i wound up making better ones with some large plastic zip ties. I drilled 6 zip ties and pushed drywall screws up through my drilled holes into the 6 correct holes in the spoiler bottom before sitting the spoiler down on tne taped area.

I used the front edge of the trunk to measure back about 14" or so. And then up about 1-1/2" or so from the trunk gap on each side to each end tip of the spoiler. Along with this, I was making sure the spoiler middle surrounded the brake light evenly as well.

I carefully marked the tape around the zip ties then removed the spoiler and placed each zip tie (using same ones again left to right) back in their respective spot to mark the spot for the holes

I centerpunched and then predrilled the 6 small holes into the trunk lid top, then I redrilled those same 6 holes to the required larger size.

Then I again drilled down through those same enlargened 6 exterior holes to get holes going through the inner trunk sheetmetal. Then I drilled upwards through the inner liner again to get the 3/4" hole needed for my socket to fit up in there. I put clear sealant on each screw prior to pushing them up into place and starting them into the holes.

Using a palm ratchet so I would not overtighten any of the 6 screws, I taped the socket onto my 4" extension on my palm ratchet so I wouldn't lose the socket inside the trunk core, and I also taped each screw on as I pushed them up through the trunk to mate up with the spoiler so I wouldnt lose those them either.

I purchaesd 6 black plastic flush mounted plugs at Lowes in the 3/4" size and pressed each of those into the 6 holes in the bottom of the trunk lid. Each of the plugs got some sealant also.
Then I reinstalled the trunk lid inner liner.

------

The above installation information was all gleaned from the write-ups on here from others, I just followed it. Check out the pictures in my album as to some of the progression..

I really like the spoiler. It looks good, and when it was hand tightened down,
it fit really well to the profile shape of the trunk.

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote