View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #7049 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Although it sounds like you already ordered some.

And to be clear... Dynamat and similar butyl (or asphalt ) products are designed to reduce vibrations more than decibels. They are heavy and are not intended for full coverage as I have learned - sporadic application in key areas is all that should be needed. If you're looking to noticeably reduce decibel levels, you will need closed cell foam. It also weighs a lot less than dynamat, so you aren't adding 75 lbs of the stuff to your car's weight
Mainly vibrations. Have some weird stuff happening in the hatch at speed. Really becoming annoying. The rest I will just experiment with in different areas.