View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #7004 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Newcomer to this thread, but after reading through the past couple of pages, I was going to say to take it. I definitely understand your reasoning, but that title is worth so much.

I went through this kind of thing about 6 years ago, went from working in a family business in construction to becoming an aerospace parts inspector. Initially a pay cut from an hourly perspective, lost my vacation time, working with new people (housing market crash destroyed me though) but within a year I was manager of my department, leveraged a better job, and 6 years later I make more 3x what I did in construction.

tl;dr - sometimes the risk is worth it in the payoff.
I already declined. / I appreciate the insight though. it was a struggle to accept or decline. The pay was negligible. The title def meant the most to me. But I am already an IT Coordinator that handles more responsibilities than most IT Managers I know. Plus the experience I am getting here currently far exceeds other places. It was a tough call for sure. But i got into IT for 2 reasons. 1) I lvoe computers. 2) I want to wear jeans with flip flops!! That new job was very business strict of suit/tie daily and I didn't want to drive in blinding blizzards when November through April hit.