View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 03:19 PM   #7003 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
Man did it feel weird not accepting the offer. They didn't try to counter offer anything. I just told her I couldn't accept due to the amount of traveling involved. I hope I made the correct decision to stay where I am at. lol.

*Tomorrow*

HR: I see you applied to another place
Me: yea, but I declined. i enjoy my work here
HR: We hate you. Leave now you traitor.
Newcomer to this thread, but after reading through the past couple of pages, I was going to say to take it. I definitely understand your reasoning, but that title is worth so much.

I went through this kind of thing about 6 years ago, went from working in a family business in construction to becoming an aerospace parts inspector. Initially a pay cut from an hourly perspective, lost my vacation time, working with new people (housing market crash destroyed me though) but within a year I was manager of my department, leveraged a better job, and 6 years later I make more 3x what I did in construction.

tl;dr - sometimes the risk is worth it in the payoff.

Edit: I also have minions now. Which is kind of awesome.

Last edited by JLarson; 08-01-2017 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Minions