View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
twyrick
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo Tech
twyrick is on a distinguished road
Default re: SRT and Z stuff

The SRT6 has around 70,000 miles on it right now. Had a couple come up here to take a look at it, thinking about buying it from me. But they decided against it, mainly because they're on a hunt for cars in pretty much factory new condition. Mine's in pretty good shape for its age, but you can obviously tell it's been used.

That's the one bad thing I've discovered with these Crossfires, now that I'm trying to resell mine. A lot of the potential buyers want "garage queens", and they can find them too -- because so many people bought the Crossfires new as potential collectables, never driving them except in parades or to and from car shows.

Daily drivers like mine are still in that zone where they're not quite an old enough car to be respected as a "classic", even though they're rare (only 1,500 or so ever made of the SRT6 roadsters like mine). So buyers still want the showroom new ones before they'll consider the rest. I could sell mine easily if I got a new, quality paint job done on it and got the curb rash fixed on the wheels. But that's a lot of money to put out up front, so would probably still be a wash.

ANYWAY .... I'm enjoying the new Z. Every time I drive to work, I get thumbs-ups from at least one or two motorcycle riders and nods of approval from other random drivers. It's easily the most attention-getting car I've ever driven. (And while that's cool, it also feels a little weird because I'm not really an attention-seeker!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTER View Post
Oh man a SRT6....that is a sweet car bro. Seriously....
Very rare too....how many miles you got on the SRT6?

You are going to love the Z ....welcome!
twyrick is offline   Reply With Quote