View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 04:25 PM   #6933 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Yea. You basically hit the nail on the head. Pay raise would be about 5k more. But not enough for what they're asking. If they don't move from 45k upwards, i'd ask for at least an extra week of PTO.

The driving will really only bother me when it gets ugly here over the winter. We get blizzards and lake effect daily. Even I will get hesitant on the freeway when we have 7 feet of snow on the ground and black ice everywhere. Many of the locations they said are relatively far as well.

The promise of a better salary/title/future does sound promising. If it's true that is. Who knows with companies these days. They're small and rather family oriented with is a good thing. If I took the manager position, I would assume for it to open up many new doors down the road. That's a milestone accomplishment. Especially at my age.

I've just got a lot of options to weigh. Just scared of accepting and either being more miserable, traveling 24/7, or realizing it's a dead end job. It's tough around here as is finding IT positions.