Thread: Uprev issues :(
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 03:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
RadioFlyer
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S S/C
RadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I just updated my problems I've had with updating to the new UpRev software. Now that everything is updated to the newest firmware, the newest version of UpRev software, and a new ROM (JK78C), it barely runs. I don't know if it's the same thing that you're experiencing, but here's my issue from my other thread:

----------
The new problem is that the new ROM doesn't seem to work. (This is probably going to turn into a new thread if I can't figure it out, but I feel like I've used up my "Bitch about UpRev" post allocation for the month.). Anyway, the problem I have now is that downloaded the new rom for my ECU (JK78C) and copied all my tables from my last good working tune. Supposedly, all the old fuel tables copy over, and you just need to remake a timing map. So I have a reasonable, safe, timing map on there, and it's not giving me any timing. It's barely running at all. When I monitor the timing, it shows 0 to negative 7 DBTC when I tip in the throttle. That's obviously not what I'm asking for, and it's sending my EGTs through the roof while going full rich and dumping fuel. Something in the ROM is not running right, and seems to be triggering some kind of failsafe mode that doesn't give me my timing or fuel. It feels like overly advanced cams, but I haven't touched them. No CELs, so that doesn't point me in a direction. I've looked over all the tables I have available, and nothing seems out of whack. The other very odd thing is that it cold-starts super clean. It feels great until water temp gets to 158-160. So I copied all the cold start tables over to the main running tables, and that didn't solve it. I'm out of ideas, and the car still hasn't been on the road since this whole thing started. At this point, I'l inclined to think it's something wrong with the updated ROM that I had to copy my older tune onto.
---------

As I mentioned above, I looked over all the tables and haven't found anything glaringly obvious that would cause the ECU to freak out. I think it's in a table not available to the standard Tuner Cable. If your tuner is experiencing the same thing, then it's not something that ProTuners have access to, so it must be a problem with the new ROMs we have to build on top of. Please keep this thread update with your experience or if your tuner finds anything out. It would really help me out if it's the same problem I'm having. You're welcome to PM me too, if you want to put me in touch with your tuner, if you think that would help.

I'm also on a Stillen Kit, but on a 2008 G37. I have run successfully with the kit and the (old version UpRev) tune for two years and ~50K miles. This problem started with the Updated Uprev.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 07-29-2017 at 03:22 AM.
RadioFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote