View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
juicinjake
Base Member

Drives: 13 Nismo 370Z/05 G35
juicinjake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghotnit View Post
I have Synolimit’s setup with AAM’s intake on my car and I got gains with a tune. The key is matching the diameters so there is consistency in the airflow throughout the intake tract to keep the flow smooth. I looked at the EPS TBs and 70mm looked great but the manifold can’t go to 70mm and EPS uses an adapter to neck down to 58mm for the manifold. So where is the benefit? Synolimit’s setup is consistently 63mm (2.5 inches) which is as large as one can go. A 3-inch intake will not supply any more air than a 2.75 inch because it’s not being asked too (in a NA engine). The total vacuum demand starts in the manifold and whatever volume it can demand is all you need until you start forcing air.
The EPS adapter is set at 63mm on the back side to match the stock manifolds, not 58mm. We designed it to perfectly bolt up to a stock manifold. We do a mild port match on ported intake manifolds like the Z1 and others. We also offer a full bore 70mm plate for the aam intake manifold and other aftermarket aluminum manifolds that can easily be ported out to that dimension. in developmental dyno testing we saw more power with a 3" intake and a 3.5" intake (same length, iat, oil temp, coolant temp and everything) on every single test, than we did with anything smaller. one does not reason how airflow works, they merely test it. the tests show that the larger intake tubes made power on all throttle body configurations. Our 70mm tbs coupled with a 3" intake is the sweet spot for most people, and thats why there have been numerous dyno tests that showed this, since i did mine. I dont recommend going as large as 3.5" on the old style uprev vvel maps, as there are some response issues that most tuners wont be able to sort out, but I have yet to retest with the new ones.
juicinjake is offline   Reply With Quote