View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
mrittman
Base Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G37
mrittman is on a distinguished road
Default 2013 Touring/Sport with 34k miles?

Hey guys I have been keeping my eye on a magma red 2013 Z Touring/Sport with all options, like navigation and backup camera. It's got just under 34k miles:

Used 2013 Nissan 370Z Touring For Sale | Fairview Heights IL

The Carfax can be viewed on the above page:
2 owners, first was used for "corporate fleet vehicle".

They said they'd give me $9k trade-in for my 2008 G37 Sport Coupe, and then I'd pay another $14k, which brings the total cost to $23k. It was originally at $24k, and they weren't going to give me that much trade-in, but they ended up going with it.

The car is 6 hours away and I actually drove it last weekend. It had some scuffs around the wheels, the underside of the front bumper was pretty scraped up, there was a bit of rock chips in the hood, the rear bumper had some scrapes that had been covered in touch-up paint, and a few nicks in the armrest. Also the rear brake rotors had some rust on the hub portions, not the actual hub. The underside of the car had some very minor surface rust...hope it's not something to be worried about. Also some parts of the engine have small hints of corrosion (attachment) maybe?

So I decided to ask $22k for the Z. They ended up telling me they couldn't go that low, or they'd be losing money. I figured it was a sales tactic, so I ended up passing up on the deal. I figured maybe they would have called me back, but they haven't yet.

I probably should have had it inspected before coming down, but now I'm thinking I should have just getting the car. I'm going to contact them again I think and see if they'd be okay with having it inspected, then if everything is good, I'd drive back down to make the purchase.

What do you guys think? Is $23k too much?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0562.jpg (629.3 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1622.jpg (701.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1875.jpg (659.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3526.jpg (757.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5772.jpg (680.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8795.jpg (714.4 KB, 69 views)
mrittman is offline   Reply With Quote