Thread: Dash cam?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Airwilf
Base Member

Drives: 18 370Z Red 6M
Airwilf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaZ View Post
don't use a dash cam. talked to a lot of cop friends about them they said they use it against the owner way more then it helps the owner. they said most of the times if they see it they confiscated in a traffic violation and view it to bust you. and they view it in any kind of fender bender. and if he thinks he can't figure out who's at fault it could lead to you being the one charged with the accident.
I'll politely disagree on a couple points,but again, it's just my opinion.If the cop can't figure out who was at fault by using the camera, he won't be able to do it either without it.He'll need witnesses, or the "little black box" out the cars in question.As far as I know, they can't confiscate your camera(in Canada anyway) without just cause or a warrant. Any lawyers here,feel free to chime in.They tried to confiscate a cell phone from a guy filming a police takedown recently, but the judge said no can do (in Canada anyway).The only thing I turn off on my camera is the GPS feature, which cancels your speed recording.I think it'll save you, more than hang you unless you are doing something that you shouldn't be on public roads.Almost every night on the 6 o'clock news,the police are asking for individuals with dashcams to come forward if they were in the vicinity of a crime, violation etc at the approximate time of the occurrence.

Last edited by Airwilf; 07-27-2017 at 01:05 PM. Reason: add info
Airwilf is offline   Reply With Quote