View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 04:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
PogiFlip
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z Nismo
PogiFlip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
It is normal on very hot days. I am not sure how they design factory cooling tracks for say the GTR turbos. They must do it in a way that is moves fluid through the turbo's and cooling system without the need for the water pump. I can't remember the name for it but Onan diesel generators use this for their cooling system/radiator. One way to help with running hotter is to use a larger radiator. Once you do that, if you still have issues, better airflow at slow speeds is what will need to be addressed, aka radiator fans. I have been through this same issue with my 1975 280z turbo. It can be a challenge to get it perfect when you upgrade a NA car to turbo's.

The water-cooled turbo boiling/gurgling idea is very reassuring! Thank you for that. I probably would've went crazy trying to figure out the gurgling source.

Definitely noted and will focus on a radiator upgrade, fans as needed. Unfortunately, I heard the biggest challenge with aftermarket radiators is AC reliability which is definitely a requirement for AZ. You already know the previous owner attempted CSF but was unsuccessful even when installed at F.I. themselves! Of course the CSF rad was the issue. I don't know if that radiator you recommended support AC or is reliable on AC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PogiFlip is offline   Reply With Quote