View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 10:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogiFlip View Post
So, it looks like the gurgling is indeed coolant boiling from the turbos.

I still need to look into the fan settings via EcuTek tune or consider upgrading to aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is normal on very hot days. I am not sure how they design factory cooling tracks for say the GTR turbos. They must do it in a way that is moves fluid through the turbo's and cooling system without the need for the water pump. I can't remember the name for it but Onan diesel generators use this for their cooling system/radiator. One way to help with running hotter is to use a larger radiator. Once you do that, if you still have issues, better airflow at slow speeds is what will need to be addressed, aka radiator fans. I have been through this same issue with my 1975 280z turbo. It can be a challenge to get it perfect when you upgrade a NA car to turbo's.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote