View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
Main concern would be depth. Yes, you can fit an 8" in the door, with minor modification, and plenty of deadening. If I remember correctly, the factory baffle is about 1" thick.
The Bose setup comes with 6x9's in doors, if i'm not mistaken, so an 8" is definitely do-able.
Pretty much what I was thinking. As you said, the Bose system comes with 6x9's, so an 8" driver shouldn't be too difficult you would think.

Mounting depth shouldn't be an issue, at least from some of the 8" drivers that I've been looking at. They're about the same (a couple even less) than some 6.5" drivers.

The real concern would be clearance between the driver and door card as well as making a spacer that can possibly move the driver off center from the stock opening in the door to allow it to fit properly.

BTW, I'm not looking at component sets, but rather raw drivers. Controlling it all actively via the head unit gives me a lot more selection and flexibility on what drivers to choose from.

Right now, I'm just researching my options.