View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #30 (permalink)
jikhead
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Blue 6spd
jikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecha1000 View Post
I just have plastic connectors on mine.

I am curious how you were able to get 0.35cu.ft. for the box if your box seems to be smaller than mine and it was difficult for me to get the 0.35cu.ft. with a bigger box.
After I stacked my rings and with the top off, I took measurements inside the box. It was a consistent 12.75" in the inner diameter all around, and the internal height is 3.75". 12.75 x 12.75 x 3.75 = 609.61 / 1728 = 0.353. Keep in mind that I'm using 3/4" MDF where as you used 5/8" correct? And my rings are probably a tad on the thick side. I could've gotten probably another .5" on the outer diameter of the rings. So if/when I do another one, I will try to get that little bit more out of the box size so I can squeeze out abit more cu. ft. I'm also gonna put carpet it on it too, so that will add to the overall size.
jikhead is offline   Reply With Quote