View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 11:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
I did read what you wrote but then I got conflicting info from another poster, that's why I was trying to clarify it. Now I know that you are correct. I didn't understand the difference between what a true coilover and what the KW's are.
My apologies for the confusion, i thought you were talking about the toe arm "traction arm" as the adjuster linkage to replace.

It seemed pretty self explanatory you can't use the aftermarket "toe arm" with the oem style divorced spring combination. In that optionzero recommendations is what you need with a divorced spring coilover if you want to change camber and toe. But to be clear, the "toe arm" subsequently changes camber and toe simultaneously (more toe than camber), certainly if you are still using the oem traction arm in the front.

The odd thing i don't understand about the aftermarket kits, is why isn't there adjustable upper control arms. This would be extremely better for changing camber and using the lower arm to fine tune toe. Changing the lower control arm geometry effectively changes the wheel base and SR.

Last edited by MaysEffect; 07-25-2017 at 11:28 AM.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote