View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
RyanWest
Track Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan
RyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNumbers View Post
You're right in that I do need a better filter for my water. However, I've had an easier time in the past getting rid of any water spots without the ceramic coating on the car. I remove water spots ASAP, and carpro's water spot remover has worked in the past when a QD didn't do the trick. I had a couple water spots that etched into my coating in less than 15 minutes from a rogue sprinkler.

With the ceramic coating, I haven't been able to find a solution without compounding the area and removing the coating along with it. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've been very annoyed by it. I've also noticed that many other people have had similar issues with ceramic coatings. All in all, while I noticed the surface of my car is a bit more slick with the ceramic coating, I don't think it's worth the extra money over a regular sealant. That's just my though.
I hear ya. Lets not forget we are protecting the clear coat though. Id rather have water spots on the Ceramic Coating than the clear coat. Water quality plays a huge roll in calcium deposits forming on the car. Keep in mind though waxes and sealants are no were near that type of protection a Ceramic Coating is.
RyanWest is offline   Reply With Quote