View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 05:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
My calcs show 255/30R18 are 610mm in diameter and 275/40R18 are 677mm so your differences are 66mm (about 2.65 inches) which is massive !!

Your TC/VDC will likely be FUBAR'd (and I'm not sure you can purchase a 255/30R18 without checking).

Did you mean 255/40R18 which is 661 mm dia?

Even so, you are 16mm out which is 2.5% difference and on the cusp of acceptable differences .... it might be OK, if might give you trouble.

Google "site: the370z.com tire size VDC" and review the results .... if you are going be this far, be aware you might have a problem.

Check the threads thrown up by Google and make your own decision but if you have 255/30R18, you will definitely have a problem..

If you want more "rake", then lower the front with your existing tyres - plenty of lowering springs available, but I'd also be wary of camber/caster/toe changes with a 1.5" change in rake - especially lowered at the front, because you will also affect the roll centre

Tread your own path dude.
Front tires, not back, but the 245/40 are about the same.

OP, you're looking at 2.7" less diameter and 8.4" less circumference. You're better off with a 255/40.
Borla S-Type | Motordyne | Z1 (lots) | South Bend | K&N | Nismo/Nismo S-Tune | Eibach | Aerojacket | Fujimara | Spl | ZSpeed Performance | Kenwood-Infinity-Sound Ordnance | Whiteline | Ecutek | Hotchkis | Clazzio | VQ Vortex |Morimoto XB |Dynosty Tune 329.64hp 265.73 ft/lb

Last edited by TreeSemdyZee; 07-25-2017 at 05:16 AM.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote