View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #727 (permalink)
James10694
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370z Nismo
James10694 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
Some reasons could be due to the fact that where they live (like me being stationed in Germany, for instance) it's illegal to run around with a cut hood and a blower sticking out of it. I can imagine some states being the same. Another reason (let me use Germany again) is that body work is ridiculously expensive here. That doesn't include being able to find a competent body shop that is willing and able to do the work. In the states, maybe not so much but not all of us live there. I could go on about this all day but I'll stop with this: it's a big pill to swallow to say you'll have a plug-and-play kit for $10K but then have to add another $xxK amount on top of it just so your car isn't looking mangled from the conversion. Some people such as yourself might not care, and the same could be said for me depending on what needed to be cut and how it'd look afterwards. But, not everyone is going to think the same or legally be able to do it headache free. It doesn't make anyone a "pansy' for not wanting to cut their hood... just saying.
Being a part of the military I understand something like that. However that's a rare case, I'd recommend getting a twin turbo kit if you absolutely can not drive with a cut hood. But like hotrodz said there's nothing plug n play about forced induction. You're taking a platform and completely changing it from what it was designed to be.

What people need to understand is there's a reason a supercharger kit like this doesn't already exist. There's just physically no room for it under the hood. If you want a positive displacement supercharger then this is what you're going to have to deal with. There's no other way around it.