View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
PogiFlip
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z Nismo
PogiFlip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson2608 View Post
Honestly dude your boosted so If you don't have a fan mod then you probably will overheat from just sitting espcially in AZ.(using uprev or ecutek for the fan mod or just buying bigger fans) A lot of boosted people have had no problem with the stock system but then again your outside tempatures are insane. As for the coolant system being different I have no idea, hopefully someone else will be able to chime in on that. Also as for you radiator cooling your oil cooler idk how that could be true, and unless your turbos are water(coolant) cooled then that's not true either. Maybe some FI guys will be able to chime in and help you out more than I could
Thanks for the response! It could be worth looking into the tune again for sure. At least I know that others are having success with the OEM system boosted. Having the Setrab oil cooler, I understand that it shouldn't be cooled with coolant but with the rad fans so thank you for pointing that out, post edited to reflect this. For the turbos, I've been told by my mechanic that they were water-cooled after lifting and inspecting the car, he could be wrong though.

Quick update: I was able to replicate the overheating issue this morning after driving home from work (30 min commute on highway) and letting it idle for about 15-20 minutes after getting home. Turning off the AC brought the temps back down. Turning AC on brought the temps back up. The car showed 93 degrees outside on the gauge while idling. So maybe it could be more than the AZ heat?
PogiFlip is offline   Reply With Quote