View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 08:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Wilson2608
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z Sport
Wilson2608 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by engstah View Post
I believe one of the MAF sensors are bad. I had my car on, unplugged the driver side maf and car died. Which indicates that the driver side MAF is working. I unplugged the MAF for the passenger side, car was idling funny and did not die. This means the passenger side MAF is faulty correct?
Look the dealership is just blaming the issue on something you've done to the car because they can't find the problem. I ran Intake and high flow cats without a tune for like 4-5 months with no problem, however they are telling you the truth whenever they say a tune will help. I've never seen a car stalling from installing a intake however I do know that it can make your engine run slightly lean without the tune so it could be your problem but I doubt it. I don't believe the test pipes would have any effect on you car running or stalling either. If I were you I would check for Intake leaks and clean the MAF and go from there. If the MAF is truely broken you should be throwing a code for it, if not give it a cleaning and hope for the best. Also if you have a nice scan tool look into STFT or short term fuel trims and long term fuel trims (LTFT). These can help you get a better understanding of what's happening to your vehicle by determining if the vehicle is running lean or rich. Anyways best of luck to you, the first place I'd start is the MAF and to look for Intake leaks