View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 05:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
CJBinder
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG M6
CJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond reputeCJBinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
I believe the extended version locks into place once you set them. Would probably be ideal for the track, especially if people are walking around the vehicle often. It is a pain in the *** to get the passenger side lined up by yourself.
Thanks for the information, but I am a bit confused, found this on site Craft Square TCA-F / TCA-N1 (Touring Competition) Mirror with basic description of the differences.

Quote:
Installation Types

Type F
Mirror Dimensions are 183mm wide and 73mm high
Type F position is 43mm lower and the mirror is further out for good visibility.
F type Mirror has a single attachment point for a cleaner look.

Type N1 (these have a long stem)
Mirror Dimensions are 183mm wide and 73mm high
Type N1 position is 43mm higher, but brings the mirror closer.
N1 mirror has a stem that passes through the mirror case.

OPTIONS

/R-Type
This indicates a racing model option.
This option includes a specific black base and a lockable cap applied to the standard F or N1 mirror to secure the mirrors under intense vibration.
Not a big fan of the stem showing thru the top but at the same time I would figure that setup would push the mirror out farther giving a better angle but I guess it is higher up so maybe not. But I am interpreting the F type has better visibility based upon the info quoted.

Would like to make sure and get R Type option but I don't see it on the two sites. Going to inquire on extra options available.

I hate our dumbo mirrors!