View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLara485 View Post
I've owned my 2012 since late February, it was originally dealer inspected and zero issues since. This past week, after approx. 15 minutes of idling in a parking lot (typical) the car began to overheat a bit, it just moved up three notches from normal operating temp. Coolant was fine, I went in to work and drove home later no problem.

Took it to the dealership today. No leaks, fan is working, thermostat is working, they had it for about 8 hours and could not get it past normal temp. They flushed the coolant in the possibility of an air pocket, which was fine since I was going to do that this winter anyway but I don't know how an air bubble would form out of nowhere.

I do notice this car reaches operating temp. really fast compared to anything I've owned; as in, I close the garage door and am barely down the street and it's already at normal..... but I figured it was just a Z thing and it never overheated so I never gave it attention.

Anyone have any insight on this? I've been driving it hard and can't get it to overheat again. I'm in central TX and that day I believe it was about 107 with the heat index, but that's every day here... of course the oil temp is in the 220-240 range constantly but I never had a problem with the water temp.
Just curious, but do you ever have the cooling system flushed or do you just do drain and fill?
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote