View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
TheWolfe
Track Member

Drives: like a maniac
TheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond reputeTheWolfe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
You have to go through at least one drive cycle, with all emissions systems functioning properly, before a permanent DTC will clear. Google is your friend.
So I Googled that earlier and tried the drive-cycle, but I never got the code to go away. I just assumed that it was the wrong solution to the problem, but maybe it just wasn't functioning properly, as you say. Do you know how I might get it to do that? I also read somewhere to clear all regular CEL codes (just have the permanent code), then drive under 3k RPM for 80-120 miles, then hopefully it'll go away. There's also the weird hold the accelerator for 7 seconds, release for 10 seconds method, too, but that's the one I hadn't had luck with. Any suggestions? I've tried Googling this stuff but maybe I'm just using the wrong terms when searching. Thanks a lot, BTW.

Also, your little gift to me is sitting in the garage all worked on and everything Just waiting for some aluminum plates to deliver so I can get to work me and my family are still laughing at how I fit your bumper in my car

Last edited by TheWolfe; 07-19-2017 at 09:22 AM.
TheWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote