Thread: Oil analysis
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
Overall Motul is great motor oil for import vehicles. The best independent and factory tests for motor oil analysis I have ever seen was Amsoil synthetic motor oil and the signature series and XL is really good as far as results go. When your vehicle sits for a long period of time it is bad for motor oil. It makes motor oil deteriorate and oxidize faster hence you should change it sooner every 2500-3000 is a good time to change it than. I would choose a good oil filter that uses synthetic media inside it as it filters the contaminates in your motor oil. Oil changes are detrimental to the life of your VQ engine. I did my share of research on motor oil and what would be the best choice for motor oil to use in my 370Z.
I usually change the oil around 2,500 miles or 6 months. I've used amsoil dominator racing oil. Once I go racing again I'll compare the motul to the amsoil. I don't know if you see it, but the comment on elevated aluminum was with amsoil during a couple track days.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote