View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
McLovin2010
Base Member

Drives: 15 370z white manual
McLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond reputeMcLovin2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default McLovin's Build/journal

Where to start....I have always been in love with the Z's for a long time every since i laid eye's on a 350 i knew i had to have one, only i was in highschool and had no means of that kind of income for one at the time. I had to settle with my 2004 civic. Jump forward a few years, i followed my fathers foot steps into the Air Force in 2012, hopped on a deployment in 2014 and that's when my dreams of owning my own Z came to life. I thought I loved the 350z, but the 370z is just a perfected artwork. Step one on this deployment lose the girlfriend/aka she left me mid deployment so made this decision a heck of a lot easier her loss. Hit up USAA and their car buying service for deployed members because i knew nissan was one of the options. An email later and picking my options i had a solid quote under MSRP. Delivery date mentioned would have been the beginning of 2015 and wasn't going to wait that long. So i got a hold of a stealership in my city sent them an email asking if they could match my military special quote. Surprisingly they did! signed some documents and got my order put in for my 2015 sport pearl Z delivery of december straight from japan's factory 33k no tax/Ohio state perk. Okay enough of the boring read time for pictures!

Car came in December 14, 2014. Two month wait for build and shipment which wasn't too bad. This was my first purchase of anything this big in my life so i was super stoked to see single digit miles on the car such a cool experience.

Did an oil change on the fresh motor just for OCD reasons and within 200 miles on the car the mod bug already bit me hard and good, had to let her breath with the best intakes out there for our cars.

Didn't take long to hit 1k miles and another oil change after driving her like a crack addict, in the mean time I had put in an order with the best customer service I have ever had from a company, Tony/Kevin at Fast Intentions you guys rock! Full headers back setup wasn't going to wait 24weeks so just bit the bullet on both at the same time.

Cat back installed and loving the rich note of this exhaust, next up some added parts and header install.

Figured if im doing the install of the headers myself might as well go all out while im in there. Shout out to scott from the facebook Z pages and his porting work on the lower and upper Z manifolds along with the TB. Some Z1 mounts to keep the motor planted, and some silicone to brighten things up.

Getting the headers put in and the extras, i think i only had about 3-6k miles on her at this time, thankfully the demon bolt hasn't had a chance to rust and seize on the cats so it was a smooth removal. working on a brand new car saves so much headache.

Z1 mounts in their place, loving the simple clean look over the bulbous OEM black one's not that you can see from the engine bay anyways.

after the header install, and other nick nacks time for my tune. I wish ecutek had been out by then but unfortunatly I was stuck with simple uprev. I was tuned up in columbus Ohio I forget the shop name but they had so many expensive cars in one place than i have ever seen before. In the picture you can see one of the three lambos that where there 1400hp pump gas. also a truck that looked like it came from ironhide the transformers with over 60k lift. Tune came out to 324hp 270tq after I did the ported manifold swap on the dyno and picked up another 10hp in a 4th gear pull.

Oil catch can install

Some suspension upgrades, heard everyone loves the way whiteline compliments the feel of the Z so I followed the Z bretheren and couldn't be happier with the feel, i also did some swift springs later. While i was under decided to replace the diff cover and install some whiteline diff mounts.

out with the plastic in with the zspeed shield love the new protection and look.

Figured since eveything else got a new mount the Transmission needed some love too.

at one time I had 100 or more so photos of the other work that i did but i lost them when my phone took a crap, backup lesson learned lost 1400 photos total. anyways got the front and rear bumpers painted with black pearl accents and I took a crack at opening the headlights up and did a dual halo/dual glass projector and custom switchback turnsignal to fit behind the new projector lens/ Aka dimiond drill bit and cut an inch into the back of the glass to make a pocket for the bulb so i didn't have to compromise bulb sizing. sand blasted and frosted the turn lens, hard to see in the picture but only one I have of the headlights and the lambo is a nice touch too.

Now with bolt ons done I dived into the audio after I made some money from a Air Force training exercise in vegas for a month. I had a lot more photos of all the work I did with the audio sadly a chunk of them got lost with the messed up phone. I did a lot of research going into this because i wanted to keep an OEM and clean look as much as possible and I know the z sucks for extra space. I'll go back and take pictures of what I did when i get back to the states. Come to find out the space between our trunk and the rear strut bar in our Z's are pretty damn perfect for tucking away a sound system

Im running FX 165 Focal componant speakers, which if you have never heard of the brand or heard these in person you know how crisp and amazing these speakers are. They come for your pocket at $600 and some change but absolutly worth it if you love your music. I sound deadend all of the trunk and both doors with Focal brand material similar to dynomat but with an extra layer of sound foam on top the aluminum. The speakers got paired with a JL1000 watt 5ch amp so i could run the speakers and tweeters in a correct crossover set up seen in the picture and give them the power they need along with powering the 10w3v3 JL sub that sit's in a wickedcas fiberglass box that fits in the corner of the trunk and again maintains that OEM look and i keep my trunk space.

This picture is out of order but wanted to tease what I added two years after this audio install, can anyone guess what else I bought along with this meth kit

all the audio tied up with a 4100nex head unit and a new TWM short shifter and ghost knob.

some clean pics, and perks of working for the Air Force

everything up until this picture has been about 2 1/2 years of progress along the way getting bored of 324hp and tired of mustangs kicking my butt. The entire time through those 2 years I have been drooling over Fast Intentions beautifull TT kit. So I started getting prepared because I bit down on their Stage 2 kit!!!!

More pictures coming once i get off of work. Then I'll post up my dash removal and what i did to swap out our OEM gauges with some Defi Advance ones. definitly an undertaking
Fast Intentions stage 2 TT kit| Specialty Z clutch kit|FI 34 Row oil cooler|Fast 500E fuel return |Aquamist Methanol kit|3.3 Quaife diff|Ported Manifolds|Poly mounts|Defi 3 gauge cluster swap| 3in Motordyne x-pipe Catback |4100Nex|JL XD1000/5v2 |Fx165 Focal|JL 10w3v3|
McLovin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote