View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 09:55 AM   #552 (permalink)
Ryan @ RJM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' G37S Coupe
Ryan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsPete View Post
Ryan,
I don't know how many people have thanked you for your efforts in designing & building this pedal assembly, but here's another "Thank You" Ryan from Minneapolis.
With a lot of help from my son in law Andy, we installed it in a little over 4 hrs. The difference from OEM is amazing, and not that the OEM pedal is difficult to use, but clutch engagement is so much smoother with RJM.
Only one very minor issue we had was inserting the clevis pins (HD or OEM) into the new assembly hole. The pin hole in this assembly was so tight we could not press the clevis pin through the hole. We recommend checking the fit while on the work bench. (We didn't think to check the fit while out of the car.) Andy took a narrow strip of fine grit sand paper (don't know the grit) and lightly sanded around the pin insertion end. With a little tapping I persuaded it into place. We followed the start up instructions at the end, took the Z for a test drive and all is working great. I could not be happier with my first mod.
MplsPete, you're very welcome and I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the new pedal now that you've got it installed. Sorry to hear the pin was on the right side though. When I press the bearing into AFP adjustment plate it tightens down a bit so I typically run a fine reamer thru each bearing after they get pressed in place so they are a perfect fit but I must have missed reaming that one when your unit was being built. So my apologies for any added difficulty with that.

Best Regards
Ryan@RJM

Home of the A.F.P. Upgraded Clutch Pedal System. Smoother Launches, Smoother Shifts & Improved Clutch Control Like No Other Pedal Mod You've Experianced Before Guaranteed!
Visit www.RJMPerformance.com or Email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com Also Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RJM-Performance
Ryan @ RJM is offline   Reply With Quote