View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 02:59 AM   #17 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
So it seems. From the pics i've seen, the speaker looks like a 6 1/2 in a oversized adapter/spacer

This was posted in another thread years ago.

This seems to be the standard adapter across multiple nissan/infiniti cars.

If you have the Bose 6x9, a 5 1/4 would be an easier installation just by using a 6x9 to 5 1/4 plate adapter.

Where as this type you will need a adapter/spacer of unknown length. Most high powered drivers have a 2.5-3.5 inch mounting depth. The shallow depth drivers usually cost significantly more for the same total output (neodymium magnets, wider basket). They also inherently sacrifice a bit of bass impact because of the shallow cone depth.
I know that fitment can be an issue with the rear magnet on the speaker interfering with the window. I spoke to the audio road shop regarding what speaker size would have the best fitment for the Nissan 370Z and they agreed with people on this forum that a 5 1/4" speaker would have the best possible fitment. I know they are smaller speakers but, I am looking for what fits best overall. They ordered Kicker KS series 5 1/4" speakers with Kicker 1" tweeters,and Kicker crossovers. The magnet on the Kicker KS series speakers are pretty flat and not too big. Cone size will not be a issue. I am just trying to figure out what spacer would be best to go with going with the 5 1/4" Kicker speakers? What speaker adapter plate size and brand should I go with that will fit in the front doors in my 370Z?
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote