View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 03:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
You do or don't have the speakers yet? The 6 1/2 is the largest circle size you can fit, 6 3/4 is the most popular size as you can fit them in incorrect size adapters and spacers. You can also fit a 6x9 or 6x8 component speaker, these are not that popular anymore, but JL and kicker made some of the best when they were.

5 1/4 and 1/2's are generally aimed towards larger systems that have dedicated subswoofers and mid range drivers as they have deeper cones per depth, resulting in slightly tighter, more accurate low bass and mids. The larger inch or so may throw out a bit more bass as a "do it all" speaker though, thus 6 1/2's are recommended for basic systems.
I have not purchased any speakers yet because I want to know what speaker size will bolt right in and have the best fitment without using a spacer adapter before I purchase anything. I am considering the Kicker 6 1/2" speakers for the front doors. Any thoughts?
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote