View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 01:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin2010 View Post
My 2c and what I did with my system. I don't like cheeping out when it comes to quality and my car. really fantastic speakers that will blow you away are some Componant Focals comes with tweeters and door speakers with a crossover filter box for the highs and lows. +1 as well with not installing the rear speakers the acuoustics of the 370z and it's small cabin the front speakers do just fine filling in the space in that car. I've heard nothing but bad feedback from rear speakers drowning out the front since they are right behind your head, and there is hardly any space to mount them. you don't need to run dual amps. I went with a JL XD1000/5v2 it is not cheap but you can dig around for other 5 channel amps to do the same thing. I mounted the amp and the crossovers behind the crossbar and in front of the trunk where the foam insert is/was I removed it gives you a nice space for audio equipment. I got a hold of what's called (extended nuts) with some screws to match and threaded them on the floor of the car there is a few post sticking up from manufacturing. I cut me out a board of mdf from lowes and screwed it in flush. then mounted the amp and cross overs there. I'm Currently at work and will post a picture of it later. and if you are worried about trunk space you should google (wickedCas 370z magic box) it fits perfectly in the corner and fits a nice 10 inch sub which is plenty for the z. im running a 10w3v3 jl sub at 500watts and is plenty of kick for the space of the z. this is just what I did for my 2c I have 90 percent of my trunk space still and everything is hidden away and is easy access. looks Oem. The space behind the cross bar is your best bet and should be good to fit most amps in there
I appreciate the good ideas on where to mount the crossovers and amps since space is very limited. Post some detailed pics if you can please it will help out alot
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote