View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
SG4247
Track Member

Drives: 2010 touring
SG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm,

I just installed a set of ebay test pipes (Manzo) to mate up to my Ackrapovich CBE. After about two weeks of daily driving the drivers side test pipe started a ringing/rattle noise when cold at idle.

I jacked the car up and gave all the bolts a pull with a 1/2" drive. I also checked all the heat shields, and all seemed good.

Let the car back down and the noise was still present. Several days later I took it over to a buddies shop. I stayed in the running car while he raised it up on the lift.

After checking it over with a stethescope, he said "hey this rattle is originating from the drivers side test pipe", "all the heat shields are good".

I had him pull the O2 sensors on that side thinking the tip might have broke off one, and they were fine.

Next I Plan to loosen up the flange joint and see if there is loose material in the test pipe or some kind of cracks/damage. Just havent had time yet.
SG4247 is offline   Reply With Quote