View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zthirty4NISMO View Post
Interesting they went with a 'performance' Exedy clutch. Also trying to play the RJM game and offering the nismo with a light pedal effort version..

Will be interesting to hear some feedback on this..
I expected this update on the Nismo. I couldn't imagine the "Heritage Edition" couldn't get a racing clutch without it going in the Nismo.

What I think is slightly more exciting are the Dunlop Sport MAXX tires. 20% less rolling resistance should give the Z a pretty nice bump in acceleration. The 2016 Z averaged about 4.9 seconds with the manual. Between the clutch and tires I'm expecting to see a dramatic improvement in manual acceleration and... a mild improvement in the auto. We should see a consistent 4.5 on the auto to 60. Hopefully about 4.7 on the manual. The nismo already gets stronger acceleration over 60meh, as the 18 HP tune affects the car at high revs, not low revs. I'm glad I waited for a 2018. As soon as there's one to test drive, I will hop in and just order. Fukk it. The Nismo is a bigger improvement over the sport, I think?

What boggles me is 2018 price. I think they killed off the no nav nismo. I didn't want that nav. It looks outdated like mad.

UPDATE.

Careful reading shows they cancelled the base nismo. Bad call Nissan. I guess nav was the biggest seller but shyt. Some enthusiasts don't want ANY tech.

New color for regular Z's. Nismo neglected again on a colorless palette. I'm debating I should go auto or get a manual. If I get a manual I guess the 2018. If not, I can get a great deal on a 2017 base sitting on a lot.

Anyone buying a non nismo should get passion red. It has a smoke clearcoat. Should look hot.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 07-11-2017 at 03:51 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote