View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
MaysEffect
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Infiniti FX35
MaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond reputeMaysEffect has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 370z View Post
That's too late now as I already put on a new set

But my outer edge was almost bald compared to the inner edge after 16k on the stock RE050A. Alignment should be oem spec unless something is not right. Haven't gotten the alignment checked but will do after I install coils and whatever else need be near the end of the month.

Were you measuring tire pressure consistently?. Given the natural weight balance of the car, its possible the rears are just moderately scrubbing during turns. This is not unusual with front weight biased vehicles.

As a cheat/penalty, carry an extra 40-70ibs in the rear. Of course strap whatever it is down as best as possible. as far rearward as possible as well.

You don't have to burden yourself with this practice indefinitely, but just enough times to gauge how the tires react to a slightly rearward bias change. The GVWR accounts for a load range of up to about 200ibs. Additional loads on the rear can keep the tires from sliding and scrubbing the surface. Downforce

Last edited by MaysEffect; 07-10-2017 at 08:48 PM.
MaysEffect is offline   Reply With Quote