View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 09:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
MXVII
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Touring 7AT
MXVII is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
I don't know if it was asked/answered already. But did you get adjustable endlinks for the ASB's?

And what it exactly was the sound and feeling you were having? Jittering, popping over bumps, clicks and pops during turns?

I'm not sure you are ever going to find a kit "rated comfortable" for the street. This will purely be determined by the potential spring rating at a suggested height, the lower you plan on having the height, the more convoluted and difficult this is going to be. For potentially "comfortable" ride quality, you'll need about 3-4.5 inches of compression travel from static ride height. This will be a frontal spring rating between 350ib/in and 700ib/in depending on the spring length and ride height. The lower the rating the longer the spring will need to be and higher the ride height. This is just a base. It can become extremely more complex and more expensive from here if you truly want to ride in supreme comfort and lower ride heights.

Your coilover kit can be upgraded to accept these modifications if you don't want to spend another grand. Any either case, new springs is going to cost between 300-800 dollars.

Unless a shock dyno has proven the dampers to be intolerable, they can probably be salvaged. good luck.

I did grab a pair of rear camber arms....from the same place I got the coilers lol.

Yea if I want to drop the ride height, the comfort level will never be the same. But for now, I'm honestly just fine with the stock ride height. I'd want the new coilers just for brake brackets. For whatever reason they had removed them from the front suspension parts during the original install.

Instead of reducing roll with lowered ride height, I'll probably look into a sway bar kit instead. I hear good things about both Hotchki's and White Line.
MXVII is offline   Reply With Quote