View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
MXVII
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Touring 7AT
MXVII is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaysEffect View Post
5 hours? for what? It shouldn't even take that long to properly corner balance the car and do an alignment. With the advertised spring rate for the kit, it doesn't look like they would have a problem with spring sag or incorrect height adjustments. Did they attempt to adjust the height at all? If the lower camber links are threaded all the way in and still over -2.5 degrees of camber, it simply sounds like the car is sitting way too low. I can't argue about quality considering it's price, but even if the dampers were made of Swiss cheese, the height adjustability and design alone shouldn't warrant alignment problems. If anything i would blame that on the camber arms. Are they longer than factory at the shortest length?

It doesn't really make much sense in either case though. Judging by the decreased caster values you must have even a smidgen of forward rake. Unless the front springs are even lower than the rear.
5 hours for trying to figure what the sound was. I've taken it to everyone I can trust and no one can figure it out. Those coilovers are back in their box now and my car is back to stock suspension. The only bad part is that the front stock suspension doesn't have the brake bracket anymore....so my friend had to ziptie for now. I will likely have to buy new coilovers that are rated comfortable for DD and street driving soon here since I'm not comfortable with just zipties. I know some people do that, but I figure if brake brackets exist....there's probably a good reason why its solid metal haha.
MXVII is offline   Reply With Quote