View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 10:07 PM   #319 (permalink)
husam2012
Track Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo
husam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4247 View Post
Husam, reading your posts makes me belive you have removed the mocal plate and the oil pressure problem has been resolved?

I was a hydraulics system design engineer for over a decade.

I am thinking that there are two failure modes in the the mocal oil cooler/ filter system that could explain your low oil pressure concerns.

1. Blocked oil cooler or oil cooler lines. If partially blocked, only a small volume of oil would flow back to the filter inlet side (across the thermo bypass valve), effectively causing a big pressure drop in the system.

2. Blocked or damaged oil filter. Definately this condition would be a problem. Cutting the filter open would reveal any malfunctions or manufacturing problems with the filter. Filters designs have an internal bypass to prevent pressure loss in case of element blockage, so this does not happen very often.

I would check these two items out before reinstating the oil cooler system.

Sorry I haven't had the time nor patience to dig in deeper considering I have probably over 150 hours in this project. I'm going to assume installed error before calling it a failure on the Mocal plate since it's very hard to literally get 0 pressure with it installed.

I did try two filters on the sandwich plate and both had exactly 0 pressure. I even unbolted the sensor and started the engine, but nothing more than a few drops came out until I took off the sandwich plate.

I will let you know as soon as I figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
husam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote