View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #318 (permalink)
SG4247
Track Member

Drives: 2010 touring
SG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond repute

Husam, reading your posts makes me belive you have removed the mocal plate and the oil pressure problem has been resolved?

I was a hydraulics system design engineer for over a decade.

I am thinking that there are two failure modes in the the mocal oil cooler/ filter system that could explain your low oil pressure concerns.

1. Blocked oil cooler or oil cooler lines. If partially blocked, only a small volume of oil would flow back to the filter inlet side (across the thermo bypass valve), effectively causing a big pressure drop in the system.

2. Blocked or damaged oil filter. Definately this condition would be a problem. Cutting the filter open would reveal any malfunctions or manufacturing problems with the filter. Filters designs have an internal bypass to prevent pressure loss in case of element blockage, so this does not happen very often.

I would check these two items out before reinstating the oil cooler system.
SG4247 is offline   Reply With Quote