Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #1013 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

You cant do anything tuning-wise to reduce the impact of heatsoak. The only solution is to address the heatsoak problem - insulate, reflect and relocate. Heatsoak is inevitable. You goal is to delay its onset.

After so many years since i left the platform i am amazed Nissan has not done anything to fix the problem. But you guys as owners need to determine whether there is truly a bug in the ECU software or whether it is simply lag due to pulled timing due to high IAT (actual or false due to heatsoak). For me, in the end it seemed most like a bug in the throttle map or the way the ECU processes input from the gas pedal to output to the twin throttle bodies. It is a complicated system with VVEL, two throttle bodies, and having to manage brake booster vacuum also.

The best way to describe what is happening is the ECU thinks there is a problem with the throttle control so to prevent uncontrolled acceleration, it puts the motor into limp mode without illuminating the CEL. Acceleration up to 3500rpm will be extremely poor and scary when pulling out of junctions. Just like limp mode. Restart the motor and it clears. Leaves no trace.

Those of you with Uprev, i strongly suggest loading a new throttle map and test it out. I wished i still had my Z to continue this witch hunt for you guys but good on you all for sticking to what is an awesome bang for buck car. These days i drive an E82 135i which longs to handle like a Z haha
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote