View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shift Knob Removal -All you need

Okay we all know that the shift knob is a bitch to remove.

I purchased the following items to remove it today after some research. Some have used this for the knob and a wrench to hold the lower portion but this is all you need:

Craftsman 2 pc 16'' Rubber Strap Wrench Set (link below where I purchased it)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

15 bucks and its Craftsman ...many other useful reasons to purchase too.
Large one goes around the head of the knob
Small one around the shift lever base ( lower area beneath the boot) to not allow it to turn. I even made a small mark on the shift lever base with some white paint to confirm that it was not turning.

The bands are a thick rubber that does not damage the knob nor the shift lever base.

Gives you plenty of leverage.

Just wanted to share!

Last edited by SINISTER; 07-06-2017 at 06:17 PM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote