View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brake Pads for a Q50S

The Q50 forums are full of stance bros who lease and have never changed a brake pad in their lives (save for one or two), and since mine is a sport package and I used to drive a Z, I decided to pop in here since the question I ask is directly related to Z brake parts.

My car is a DD and part time TOTD cruiser. I recently ordered a StopTech combo from RockAuto that had slotted StopTech rotors and StopTech "Street Performance" pads. Combined with a set of SS lines and Motul RBF600, I think this is a reasonable setup, but I remembered the Nismo brake pads for the Akebono were out there and I remember those being a good upgrade from the OEM pads.

Should I sell the pads new in box and procure some of the Nismo pads? Is there something else I should look at harder?

I also looked at running a more aggressive pad in the rear only since this Infiniti has Active Trace Control (which is Infiniti's lame replacement for a mechanical LSD) and it cooks rear brakes faster than VDC does in the 370Zs.

Let me know your thoughts, ladies and gents!