View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 04:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
markesc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 370z M.B. 7AT
markesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond reputemarkesc has a reputation beyond repute

Well,

I am fairly new to the mod game with the Z, but I did order f/r 2 piece rotors, lines, fluid and there were zero issues with the order/shipping/install/reliability. $1100 well spent, finally the stupid thing stops consistently (whomever @ nissan decided the "sport" brake pads/fluid was good enough should be tazed 117x and punched in the face about 12x).

With respect to your post: I think it seems like it's a symptom of employee turnover/employees nolonger caring, or simply the effort being diluted through offering too many products over too many platforms. This is exactly why I gave up on tuners in Oregon. It's literally a new kid working every time you go in, just like when you go to deposit a random check at your local bank = always new people that are not experts, but they say "hi" when you walk in because they're told to do so. By the way, tellers AND the bankers behind the desks are the last people you EVER want to give you mortgage or financial pointers, they have to "know" about 80+ products the bank offers, so they're not experts at any one of them. Beware!

I'm sure someone here can chime in on business cycles / employee retention/expertise vs. pay, but it's got to be tough as everyone online is shopping on price, so where do you make the cuts? how do you gain economies of scale while not alienating your loyal customers?

It seems like it's a common occurrence once a company sheds the original employees whom made it what it is, and/or becomes too large and loses control of itself as profit takes a priority over the customer experience. This just happens over and over especially in retail/food, we continually have the 'flavor of the week' brand for 5-10 years until the product goes to crap and then it's someone else that's all of a sudden the new flavor, repeat...

Sorry about the Woes, hope they choose to do the right thing, but it's too bad that it takes a thread/media to get involved for companies to all of a sudden experience a change of heart.

Which makes me wonder: What if you had spent $10k? $50k? $100k? is there a price at which they would all of a sudden treat you differently, and if so, why? This is what I told Nissan when they chipped my wheels, what if it was a GTR? how much money does one have to spend for the worker bees to care? do they have to make $150k per year to not come to work hungover and actually take pride in their jobs? Just open thoughts as I get older and wonder about things like this.

I think at a certain point once the business owner has the nice house/nice set of cars/fake boobs for the wife/kids in college, I think they sort of hand the business over to people whom are simply not as emotionally invested, but keep the owner in the dark about it until enough customers go crazy at which point the owner finds out and then heads roll...

I think there's just a physical limit whereby a company can actually be ran efficiently, just like you want the right size avocado, too small = tastes bad/too big = tastes bad. Where are our coveted business majors on here?

Again, I hope they work things out for you!!! Sip a few beers and try to enjoy the 4th!!!

Last edited by markesc; 07-04-2017 at 04:23 PM.