View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 06:17 PM   #74 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHZZ View Post
Dude ,I was around long before they coined the phrase troll.

As you have appointed yourself as the leader of the "top fanatics",be sure to post in detail the success of getting these hood vents actually produced by
a reputable company.

Hey,I can relate to your passion for getting a project with a PERSONAL interest done.

Have done this a few times myself:
Cannot get it made,found a way to do it myself.

Can be a costly option my friend when you cannot get at least the minimum
order needed.
Also,think about the company making the pieces will be around long enough
to guarantee the product.

Best of luck to you and all that will join in the effort.

I've been there,done that.
You learn from experience.

Its only money and a feature on the car that may not add value at a possible
resale.

Give this some thought.
Imma let you finish but first you gotta stop typing words.
  1. John from Trackspec Motorsports visited my home
  2. He picked up my hood last week and made a mock up template of the vents already, which I am not able to share.
  3. He is going to engineer the design in CAD and will be 3D printing the molds over the next few weeks
  4. Once they are printed they will be test fitted
  5. In order to test fit, they will be cutting up my OEM hood (that means I am the guinea pig, you're welcome)
  6. Assuming all goes well, he will start mass producing them and put them up for sale.
  7. Why is he approaching us for this? Because he doesn't want to have to spend money on a hood to test fit these vents. I assure you there will be a product after all is said and done.
  8. Any questions?

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |