View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
eastwest2300
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '16QX70/'21 Supra3.0
eastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond reputeeastwest2300 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
On a different note......

I normally rent cars from National when I travel. It's usually pretty painless and I get decent cars. The 25th of June I flew to LAX, picked up a Camaro from the Executive line, prepaid a tank of gas, drove to Long Beach, then to San Bernardino to install a couple of systems. I returned the car the 27th of June to the LAX location, caught a flight to KC, arriving home about 2 am on the 28th.

Here's where it gets fun. National contacts me on Thursday, wanting to know where their car is at. I told them I dropped it at the LAX location about 2pm on the 27th. I didn't get a receipt from the porter (my goof), I told him to email it. Now the barrage of phone calls & emails start....

I've called the LAX office multiple times, talked to the main office several times, responded to their emails and today, I get an email threatening to arrest me for possession of stolen property, because according to them, I haven't responded.

During one of the calls to the LAX office on Friday, I was assured that everything was okay, and I'd have an emailed invoice on Monday (today). Well, no invoice. Back to on the phone at about 11 am CDT, telling them they need to go check their lot for a black 2017 Camaro... (holy crap, there can't be that many of them).

It is now about 2 pm CDT, I called again to check the status of their search. I was told that it would be resolved by COB today. Right.

I was going to ask for them to take off the prepaid tank of gas, now I'm going to ask them to remove the rental charge completely, and provide me with at least 2 or 3 free rentals. Asshats.