View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper5431 View Post
First of all we need to know the type of music you listen to and what your priorities are. Are you looking for just heavy bass or a truly nice sounding SQ system. I am assuming you will be replacing the stock speakers with after market. We need to know your budget for everything as well. My personal opinion stay away from kicker equipment. Yes, they are the most popular brand in car audio. That doesn't mean they are great speakers and amps. Do your home work and read. If you are buying components with passive cross overs you can go with a 2 channels to run the front left and right speakers. Four channels if no passive cross overs. That is to cover the front stage. Rear sub. Unless all you care about is bass. A good single 12 will be more than enough for that little cabin. The sub section will require a channel to drive. Alpine does make some very nice class D amps. Their high end subs are pretty good as well.
Image Dynamics IDQ12 D4 V.4 is one of my favorite sound quality subs that still boom pretty well. RE audio mid level or higher is quite nice for a sub. Give us some more information. Maybe we can help more.
I found the car audio road shop already ordered the two 10" Kicker Comp R subwoofers and the two 10" speaker Zenclosure subwoofer box. In my experience I found the quality of the Kickers speakers are very good and can with stand a lot of use. The Kicker speakers and subwoofers are a great choice for music with bass as I listen to rap and hip hop music with lots of bass in the music. I even listen to bass cd's too. The Alpine amps are very good quality and are made to last. My budget is about average to above average of what I would like to spend. The Bose system leaves a lot to be desired. I am looking at replacing the two front door speakers with 6.5" Kicker KS series speakers and the small rear speaks with 3.5" Kicker KS series speakers. Thinking about possibly adding dome tweeters in the front? I am open to opinions on what speakers and amps to get since I would like them to last a long time. I am getting two amps. I would like 2 channel amp to power the two 10" subwoofers and a 4 channel amp to power the two front speakers and two rear speakers. Don't know about installing dome tweeters if they are worth it or not? Opinions on what amps to get?

Last edited by Quicksilvers; 07-03-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote