View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
I understand what you're saying, but I'm just following the testing procedure by the book which is why I'm quoting the RPM's as the FSM specifies that the voltage of the mafs is supposed to be at 2.4V @ 4,000RPM, as for fuel trims that has been the other part of the equation as to why I'm testing them as my long term fuel trims have been consistently running at -10% for both banks and while short term fuel trims are ok at first staying within about 5% positive or negative, eventually after running the car for a bit they always end up closer to 20% in the positive and sometimes above that.
Since the voltage does not specify engine load, the test is essentially erroneous. It also does not say 2.4V its says APPROX 2.4*. Thats a pretty vague range especially since technicians will decide on their own how to drive the car at 4000rpm. What the * leads to is a comment that says to look for a linear increase in voltage as you increase engine speed.