View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 05:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Mass Airflow Sensors increase voltage with airflow, not with RPM. Your MAF sensors sound typical to me. Just give it more throttle if you want to see more MAF voltage. 370zs often dont idle perfectly flat smooth, most cars dont. If you feel yours is outside average, post a video for us to see. The closed loop feedback will compensate for minor discrepancies in airflow readings. Ive never heard of a VQ MAF sensor going bad, so 2 at the same time in the same car would be quite the coincidence. Check your short and long term fuel trims for confirmation that your airflow readings are close enough.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm just following the testing procedure by the book which is why I'm quoting the RPM's as the FSM specifies that the voltage of the mafs is supposed to be at 2.4V @ 4,000RPM, as for fuel trims that has been the other part of the equation as to why I'm testing them as my long term fuel trims have been consistently running at -10% for both banks and while short term fuel trims are ok at first staying within about 5% positive or negative, eventually after running the car for a bit they always end up closer to 20% in the positive and sometimes above that.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote