View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
40 to 332
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 13 370Z BS M6 Sport
40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute40 to 332 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any Single Mass Flywheel Owners?

Having CSC issues so I plan on dropping the tyranny and installing the Z Speed CMAK unit. Will likely install a new clutch kit ... Stage 1 or Stage 2. Car is driven mildly ... no track days or launches. My question concerns switching out the factory dual-mass flywheel for a single mass one. I understand that it allows for better throttle response, but can also lead to "chattering" at low rpms. Evidently, this can be partially mitigated by using a high quality tranny fluid such as Redline 85 or Motul Gear 300. I currently run Motul fluids, so no issue in that regard. However, I'd like to have some idea as to how loud or annoying the chatter can be. I'm OK with some noise, but I'd like to avoid the car sounding like a diesel truck at idle. For those of you who have switched to a single mass flywheel, can you please share your experiences in terms of drivability, noise and any other pluses or minuses. If I elect to go this route, I'll likely choose a mid-weight (18-19 lb) flywheel versus a super-light one. Thanks in advance for your input.
40 to 332 is offline   Reply With Quote