Thread: Short Shifter?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
As far as Nissan is concerned, your shifter assembly is an integral part of your tranny. I guarantee you that if you show up to a dealer with tranny problems, your warranty will be voided if you have or have had an aftermarket shifter assembly on there.
You would be very surprised at how much the shifter assembly has to do with the transmission reliability. Believe me, I learnt this the hard way with past cars.
This warranty argument is silly, why would you take the car into the dealer for transmission problems with an aftermarket shifter on it still? It takes maybe an hour to out the stock shifter back in? Put the stock shifter back in drive the car to the dealer, no big deal.

This is like the collectors who don't want to take a toy out of the box because they might harm it or ruin the value. I'm going to play with my toy and enjoy it.

Short shifters, the new oil thread
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote