Thread: Short Shifter?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cyber370
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo 6MT
Cyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond reputeCyber370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
What does the shifter have to do with the clutch? I've also never really gotten the synchro argument either? Is the thought you'll be shifting so fast that you'll wear out the synchros quicker (you aren't speed shifting all the time)? Easy enough to throw the stock shifter back in if you started to have a problem. Either way both the clutch and synchros are most likely going to be consider a wear item right? Maybe I'll eat crow later on this one, but I've rebuilt a lot several manual transmission in my garage, if something happens, I'll most likely be the one fixing it anyways.
As far as Nissan is concerned, your shifter assembly is an integral part of your tranny. I guarantee you that if you show up to a dealer with tranny problems, your warranty will be voided if you have or have had an aftermarket shifter assembly on there.
You would be very surprised at how much the shifter assembly has to do with the transmission reliability. Believe me, I learnt this the hard way with past cars.